Your eyes are one of your most precious faculties and they need to be taken care of. You should not just pay attention to them when they develop problems you need to be proactive if you want to have beautiful, healthy eyes. The first thing that you should do is make sure that you get comprehensive eye tests every few years. The ophthalmologist will dilate your pupils and look at the back of your eyes to determine whether there are any developing physical conditions that you should be worried about. Some of the problems that can be diagnosed this way include high blood pressure, brain and eye tumours, diabetes and high cholesterol. There are other things you should do to keep your eyes healthy:
- You should make sure that your eyes get the rest that they need. Most people now work on computers and this can lead to Computer Vision Syndrome. This is a condition that manifests through several symptoms. You may develop headaches often, see flashes of light, have neck pain, dry eyes and so on. The best way to avoid this is to make sure that you rest your eyes every 20 minutes. Look at an object that is 20 feet away for 20 seconds for best results.
- Your diet matters when it comes to eye health. If you want to enjoy good eyes you should include lots of vitamins especially from fruits in your diet. Check online to see what fruits are particularly beneficial.
- If you wear subscription glasses or contacts you should make sure that you have your eyes checked at least once a year to make sure that your prescription hasnt changed. If it has and you continue to wear the same glasses you could end up making your vision worse.
- Never go to bed with eye makeup on. If you wear fake lashes make sure to take them off and then strip off all the makeup from your lids and around the eyes using eye pads that are soaked in eye cleanser followed by a toner.
- Dark circles under the eyes are a problem for many but fortunately there are lots of ways to get rid of them. You can old the traditional remedy of cucumber slices place them in the fridge and when they are cold press them over your eyes for a few minutes. Alternatively, you can use strawberry slices. If you have time there is a more effective home remedy make a paste using a slice of potato, a slice of cucumber, a bit of turmeric and some lemon juice. Apply around the eyes, wait a few minutes and then rinse off.
- Be very careful when it comes to face creams. The skin around your eyes is more delicate than the rest of your face and the cream that you use could cause it to wrinkle faster. Choose a cream that is formulated for the eye area. You should also avoid touching that area with cleansers.
- Sunglasses are important if you want to maintain 20/20 vision. The direct rays of the sun will cause your vision to suffer. By wearing UV sunglasses when you are outdoors you protect them. Sunglasses arent just good for the summer months; you should also wear them in winter when the snow is blaringly white it forces your eyes to take in all that reflection which affects vision.
- If you wear contact lenses make sure to take them off before bed this allows blood to flow to your eyes as you sleep. In the very dusty months it may be better to resort to eye glasses to avoid eye irritation.
These tips will help keep your eyes healthy and beautiful.