In simple terms, physical therapy is a therapy that is used to relieve pain so that people can live better and do their everyday tasks normally without exerting excessive effort. Physical therapy is mainly used to rectify the following problems:
– To ease pain
– Make a person more balanced to reduce the chances of slipping or falling
– To help a person control their bladder as well as their bowels
– Recovery from a sports-related injury
– It is used to improve movement
– To make people less prone to surgery or disability
– Rehabilitation after an accident, surgery, stroke, or injury
– Management of chronic diseases i.e., arthritis, diabetes, heart-related diseases
– Post-pregnancy recovery
– Help handicapped people to adapt to an artificial body part
– Helps people understand how to use a cane, walker or any other assistive device
– Get a brace or a splint
Physical therapy is commonly suggested by doctors to people if they are suffering from the above-mentioned issues. Some people think physical therapy is only for people who are old and feeble, but that is far from the truth; people young to old get physical therapy because it can cure numerous diseases, health problems, and illnesses.
Physical therapists who they are and what is their role?
A physical therapist is either called a physiotherapist or a PT. These therapists are licensed. They also get official physical therapy training in order to become health professionals. Many physiotherapists have a doctorate degree in physical therapy or an MA. In order to get certified, they have to pass an exam. Physiotherapists can only be licensed in a state where they practice physical therapy.
They have become an integral part of society as because of them, people can live healthy and long lives. Their role includes looking at their patients symptoms and coming up with a thorough guide on how to get them in a shape where they can do their everyday tasks as they used to do. Sometimes patients require hand-related treatments to relieve their pain. To help patients function and move better, physiotherapists teach them unique exercises.
What is the procedure of a physical therapist?
The procedure of a physiotherapist is thorough. The first thing they do is they ask a patient specific questions regarding the level of pain they feel and symptoms that could be related to that kind of pain. They will also check a patients level of movement according to their age, height, and weight. Basically, they will check these things before they can start the treatment:
– A patients movement will be checked thoroughly, which includes walking, stretching, crouching, bending, climbing
– They will monitor the patients heartbeat while they move
– A patients balance, as well as their posture, will be observed thoroughly
– According to their results, they will plan the best possible treatment to cure their disease.
Where can anyone get physical therapy?
Sometimes, physiotherapists can go to a patients house to give them physical therapy, but they can also be found at clinics, hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and educational institutes.